Well it’s time again for the next North East VMUG. The event will take place on Thursday 6th June from 12:30 onwards and will take place at:
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The full agent will be posted up shortly but here are some highlights:
- Networking and Lunch
- Cisco Presentation: How Cisco Do IT
Meet Richard Gore who will discuss how Cisco deployed VMware in their environment as the first step toward deploying private cloud, IaaS and PaaS in Cisco production data centers.
Rich is a Cisco IT senior manager with 14 years’ experience in Cisco IT infrastructure architecture. He has 30 years of IT experience at Bell Labs, AT&T, as a private consultant and now with Cisco IT.
User Presentation: Virtualising SQL instances
- Rod Hope from BSkyB (and Scottish VMUG) will give a presentation on his real world experiences virtualising SQL Server.
Rod has over 13 years’ experience working with some of the world’s largest investment / investment services banks and has recently joined BSkyB’s Operations Engineering group in an Infrastructure Designer role.
- VMware Presentation: “DR and the Cloud – To, From, Of”
Meet Mike Laverick who will discuss the challenges of doing DR to the cloud, from the cloud and of the cloud.
Mike is a real VMware A lister, having spent several years as an instructor and blogger, and written several books on topics such as vSphere 4, SRM and View, he joined VMware as an employee last year.
- Q&A and Wrap-Up: Raffle and Interactive Feedback: Bring Your Own Device
We’ve been using an App to ask the audience so far but if the Wi-Fi lets us down we’ll go old school and ask for show of hands on what you’d like for forthcoming topics.
- vBeers: Join us in a local pub, The Bridge Hotel, for a drink courtesy of our sponsors Nimble Storage